While working on a desktop or laptop, you often need to use the original images to complete your content. Photographing aims to satisfy your reader with their range by offering essential ideas to guide them better.
So, Windows has made capturing and saving an image of anything on the system’s monitor easy. You can easily do this by using the keyboard shortcut keys or the built-in snipping tool of your whole screen or a portion of a screen in a specific window.
So, let’s dive into how to screenshot on a Windows keyboard in two different ways.
How To Take a Screenshot By Snipping The Tool
With the snipping tool, taking a screenshot on the window screen is very easy and time-saving, too.
Let’s have a look at the steps:
- Open Windows, and select the snipping tool app on the start menu. In your application, you can find a snipping tool under window accessories or by snipping tool in the start menu search box.
- Click mode to choose how you will capture your screenshot.
- Rectangular snipping will enable you to draw a box around the image you want to capture.
- Free-form drawing will let you take any part of the screen you want to draw.
- A window snip is used to capture the whole screen.
- While full screen will capture the whole screen.
- Press New to take a screenshot, and click Save Snippet to save your image to a location where you want to fit it.
How To Take a Screenshot On Windows With Keyboard Shortcuts
On your Windows screen, you can take a screenshot of your image; you must press the print screen or prtSc button on your keyboard. If you want to save your screenshot automatically to the Pictures folder on your system, press the Window and Print Screen buttons simultaneously.
- Click the print screen to copy a picture of your entire screen. The button abbreviated as PrtSc or print Sc on some keyboard models is on the top row on most types of keyboards. Mainly, this button is located after the F12 key.
- This step will only take a copy of your screenshot to the clipboard, so if you want to save your screen, you should download an application like Paint and paste or copy the image using the Ctrl+V key.
- You can save the image by pressing File and selecting it from the application’s drop-down menu.
- Then, choose your image’s location, name, and format, click save, and you are done.
- Press the window print screen keys to save the whole image on your screen. The screen flash will show that your idea has been dedicated to downloads.
- You can find the image of your screen by opening File Explorer and going to This C Pictures.
- Press the ALT+Prtscn keys to copy a screenshot of your existing window.
- Press Windows +Shift +S to copy a screenshot of a particular area. When you press the keys simultaneously, you notice that the screen becomes dark, and your mouse cursor turns into a cross.
- In this way, take a screenshot with the mouse click and drag a box around the image and portion of the screen you want to capture.
- Once you save the image you want, release a mouse button on your clipboard.
- Again, open an application like Paint, paste the image with the Ctrl+V keys, and save the image by clicking File Save from the drop-down menu of your system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you take a screenshot on a PC keyboard?
Press the window and print screen keys to save your screenshot of your whole image. You will see a flashlight on your screen. The step will save the image automatically and copy a photo of your entire screen to the clipboard.
What is the function of the Ctrl Key?
The role of the Ctrl key is to take an image of your screenshot of the picture by clicking it with the print screen key.
How do you screenshot on an F12 keyboard?
The print screen button is denoted by the PrtSc print screen or similar. The switch is located next to the F12 and scroll lock keys on most keyboards.
As you can see, there are many ways to take screenshots of your image, but the two methods mentioned above are the easiest. So, unless you have complex requirements, you can opt for built-in tools and features to take screenshots and save them without installing third-party apps.