Do you want to discover how you can slow down your system by underclocking your CPU?
You have landed at the right place.
The central processor of your operating system is referred to as a CPU or a central processing unit, as it performs various vital activities. So, while using it to give users a seamless experience, it handles all data, processing, and calculations.
In order to make it faster than the default settings, you must verify and lock it. Underclocking your processor is an essential technique to save energy, thus lowering the frequency of the processor core bus and the voltage supply to microprocessors.
So, let’s dive into the process of how to underclock your CPU.
Ways To Underclock a CPU?
If you are a Windows user, there are mainly two ways to lower the speed of your processor or underclock it, either by thermal intel framework settings or the processor settings power management.
You can start with the following technique.
- Right-click on the start button and opt for the icons from the drop-down menu.
- From the settings screen, select related settings by clicking on it. Now select sleep category and power
- Select the change settings button under the plan settings.
- Now select Change Advanced Power Settings and the corresponding menu items.
To make the window larger, you should click the button after this so that you can see your intel dynamic platform and thermal framework settings.
- When the configure TDP level menu is expanded, click the battery option.
- Select low TDP from the drop-down menu next to high TDP
- After clicking the apply button, press ok.
There is always an alternative way to underlock a processor in case you do not locate your intel dynamic platform option in your operating system.
- From the open menu, click the start button and shoe settings
- From the settings screen, by clicking on it, select System and visit the Power and Sleep section
- From the selection menu, select related settings and click additional power settings. Finally, select the additional power settings
- Select the change plan settings button or link
- Select the change advanced settings and the corresponding menu item
- To open the power processor management section, click the expand button
- The maximum processor status can be increased by selecting the next button
- Now select your preferred battery from the drop-down menu
- To reflect your preferences, adjust the processor operating percentage level
- Finally, press the application button
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my CPU base speed?
Press start and open the control panel. Click the power option and change plan settings next to power plan you are using. Now click Change advanced power settings, as this will pen a new window. Open processor power management and minimum processor state.
How to lower processor speed?
Navigate to the power CPU advanced or similar menu on the BIOS setup screen to find options to adjust the processor voltage.
How to underlock your CPU these ways will be very helpful to you.
So, underlocking your processor refers to lowering your processor frequency. At the same time, this does not lead to a lower temperature and power draw as it does not have to do with the system’s performance.
Therefore, if you lower the clock speed, the processor will forced to throttle its performance.